Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Semester and New Lessons

Melt downs. This month just completed has involved painful emotions by everyone in my group. Stability has been reached and people are feeling more committed to keeping their heads above water.

Avoiding hospitalization and keeping themselves safe is our primary focus rich now. Finally, I can breathe a sigh or relief that everyone is safe. Everyone is keeping her appointments and with all the pain floating throughout our world they are today more willing to inch forward toward management of their excruciating pain.

What has happened to make it possible to feel more grounded within this painful environment? First, our focus is on staying in the most narrow of the present. What is happening in this very moment here that requires intense response? While we can't change those environmental or external conditions, we can change the way we respond.

We again learning how to stay in this very present moment with the emotions we are feeling and are learning how to lower the intensity of those emotions.

Breathe.

1 comment:

  1. I loved what you wrote Susan. After a botched lipo procedure on June 19th, 2012, where I was not numb for the entire surgery, and treated incredibly inhumanely by someone who carries the title of "Doctor," I have been having meltdowns over the simplest things lately. I once was the bravest person I knew and now I just feel so helpless. I have reported the doctor to the medial board, the attorney general, and consumer protection, and while that has given me some comfort, it isn't enough. Thank you for your Breathing Space article as well. Every little thing I can do to bring myself back to the present amongst the blow torch feeling of pain I have from the lipo is helpful.
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete