Friday, August 16, 2013

Lying: to ourselves


If I'm late, I'll just tell them traffic held me up. That's logical in LA. On the other hand, what if t you're late because you didn't want to go. What would happen if you admitted these feelings to yourself?

Asking a big question: "How would my life be different if I was really honest with myself?" means allowing yourself to really look at who you are.

Questions of this sort are incredibly hard to ask and the answers we give, WHEN we allow ourselves to be honest can actually make us feel better.

Admitting that we don't want to be with certain people can help us learn more about what we need in a relationship. Answering this question can help us create satisfying friendships. By examining our wants and desires in relationships we develop a meaningful support system.

Learning what we want in friendships does not mean getting rid of people in our lives. This information can make our current acquaintances even more meaningful. We look to companions for  how we feel with them. We turn the friendship around so we appreciate the connection with all of their quirks.  We have friends we enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment