Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Time for me!

What a concept?!

My schedule has been so jammed, I have been so busy, I have had to remind myself to take that break for something to eat, or to wash my face, but mostly to stop and breathe.

After a few weeks like this one, I have been very mindful of the need for "me time."  While I haven't taken the wonderful mini vacation to the Korean spa, I am taking those brief yoga and sitting breaks.

It does make a difference.  When I don't take that break for me, I don't feel competent.  I don't feel able to take care of myself or anyone else.

Find something that gives you your own "Me time" and then do it.  Do it every day, even if it is just drinking that cup of tea without interrupting yourself to answer the phone or send another text.

Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment