Monday, September 9, 2013

the New Year!

At sundown on September 5 a New Year began.  The thoughts of renewal and rememberance bring me both relief at the luxury of starting with a fresh palate - new paints and new choices and some sadness.  I will not dwell on the ending but look to the newness.

Sometimes these opportunities to begin afresh are frightening.  Will I make wise choices?  Will I take advantage of the resources I have and take a few risks?  Am I ready to expand my horizons in this new year?

I just read this wonderful quote that I must share:  "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

It was this thought from that very wise humorist that brought thoughts of taking advantage of the new challenges this year will bring.  In addition to the above message, I must remind myself: step out and take those chances that are before me.

And breathe.

L'shona tova.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with that wonderful quote you shared here. We should not be afraid to pursue our happiness or the things we want in life because we will definitely be living a life full of regrets and what ifs. We should not be afraid to take new challenges and try out new things.

    KathieRayAnnis.com

    ReplyDelete