Friday, June 13, 2014

Integrity, truth, honesty

So here's the real issue: in learning the DBT skills I am teaching my clients, integrity is a fundamental quality everyone should adopt and I feel strongly that I am dealing with some issues of honesty.

The questions I hope my clients will address are the importance of being honest with oneself even if they are not happy with the information they confront. 

Integrity is a really precious commodity that many people do not understand.  I feel strongly that in order to manage the vulnerability we all carry, we must practice telling ourselves the truth.

My task now is to communicate the power of being honest with ourselves and being willing to take responsibility for this condition.  How can we consider ourselves reliable, trustworthy people if we are unable to be truthful and even more, if we are unable to be truthful with ourselves.

These are important concepts that we cannot expect other people to practice, if we are unable to practice them ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment